Gorge Walking in the Brecon Beacons
Gorge Walking is one of the most popular activities you can do in South Wales. The spots for it is Waterfall Country in the heart of the Brecon Beacons National Park, found just a short drive from Cardiff, Swansea, Brecon or Carmarthen.
Join us on an adventurous journey through a steep sided river gorge, where you will find yourself Walking, Climbing, Swimming, Scrambling, Squeezing, Traversing, Balancing and Jumping your way up stream. If climbing cascades, crawling under waterfalls and jumping into deep pools sounds exciting, then this is South Wales adventure is for you!
If you are looking for the best of rock and water activities then Gorge Walking is the activity for you. The activity includes some scrambling and daring jumps from 1 to 20 feet high into safe water. There’s so much to do and something for everyone, whether they can swim or not. We even run a drier version for those who don’t want to get wet and for those chilly winter months.
Who can Gorge Walk?
This activity is suitable for small or large group (from 1 to 25 people), it is ideal for the young and the young at heart. It makes a great half day activity on its own. It also pairs especially well with Rock Climbing or Caving for an award winning multi-activity day out with Hawk Adventures. Gorge Walking can also be run as a full day activity and we will take you Canyoning.
Before one of our guides leads you through the Gorge, we will get you kitted up in a Wetsuit, Buoyancy Aid, Helmet, Boots, and protective overshorts; then off you go!
Check out our latest adventures – Hawk Adventures
|Whole Day||Half Day|
|Small Group (1-3)||£275||£225|
|Medium Group (4-10)||£70 pp||£50 pp|
|Large Group (11-20)*||£65 pp||£45 pp|
*Discounts available for larger groups, contact us to find out more.
We try to ensure that booking your Hawk Adventure is a straight forward as possible.
Start by telling us what you are after, by phone or email and we can put a plan together for you.
To confirm your booking we ask for a deposit, then we will send you out a Booking Information Pack that will provide everything you need to know; from where to meet through to what to bring. There will also be Participation forms for each person to fill out and return to us; these include size information for activities where we’ll be supplying size specific equipment like boots or wetsuits.
You’ll meet your instructor at or close to your activity venue and head off to enjoy your adventure!
Our post activity card will let you know where to access your at no extra charge, it also gives the opportunity to leave a review for us and let other people know what your experience with Hawk Adventures was like
Then it’s a time to see what else we offer and start planning your next adventure!
- Multi award winning activity provider taking people on adventure since 1990.
- Great value – our full days last 7hours, half days for 3.5 hours. The photos we take are yours for Free!
- Our instructors are not only great fun to go on an adventure with, they’re also highly qualified, experienced and knowledgeable in the activities they deliver.
- We are inspected and hold a licence from the Adventure Activities Licencing Authority. Safety is paramount to us and our track record is exemplary.
- We provide all the safety equipment you need for our activities, including footwear for Caving and Gorge Walking.
- We are flexible and adapt to our customers’ needs. We want you to have the experience of a lifetime.