Gorge Walking in the Brecon Beacons
Gorge Walking is one of our most popular activities that you can do in South Wales. The beautiful Waterfall Country in the heart of the Brecon Beacons National Park provides the perfect location to do it. Also, it’s only a short drive from Cardiff, Swansea, Brecon or Carmarthen.
If you are looking for the best of rock and water activities then Gorge Walking is the activity for you. The activity includes some scrambling and daring jumps from 1 to 20 feet high into safe water. There’s so much to do and something for everyone, whether they can swim or not. We even run a drier version for those who don’t want to get wet and for those chilly winter months. Most importantly we can cater the session to the group. So, whether you want a wet and wild activity or a calm adventure, we can create the best experience for you.
Gorge Walking – what’s involved?
Join us on an adventurous journey through a steep-sided river gorge. You will find yourself Walking, Climbing, Swimming, Scrambling, Squeezing, Traversing, Balancing and Jumping your way upstream. If climbing cascades, crawling under waterfalls and jumping into deep pools sounds exciting, then this South Wales adventure is for you!
Who can Gorge Walk?
This activity is suitable for a small or large group (from 1 to 25 people). It is ideal for the young and the young at heart. Gorge Walking makes a great half-day activity on its own. It also pairs especially well with Rock Climbing or Caving for an award-winning multi-activity day out with Hawk Adventures. Gorge Walks can also be run as a full day activity. If you wish to add more of a challenge to your wet and wild adventure we can take you Canyoning.
Gorge Walking Equipment
Before one of our guides leads you through the Gorge, we will get you kitted up. You’ll wear a Wetsuit, Buoyancy Aid, Helmet, Boots, and protective over-shorts. Then off you go!
Check out our latest adventures – Hawk Adventures
|Whole Day||Half Day|
|Small Group (1-3)||£295||£245|
|Medium Group (4-10)||£75 pp||£55 pp|
|Large Group (11-20)*||£70 pp||£50 pp|
*Discounts available for larger groups, contact us to find out more.
Here at Hawk Adventures we make sure your booking process is as straight forward as possible.
Our ethos is Book It, Receive It, Enjoy It!
When your activity day comes, you’ll meet your instructor at or close to your activity venue and head off to enjoy your adventure!
Our post-activity card will let you know where to access your photos at no extra charge, and it also gives the opportunity to leave a review for us and let other people know what your experience with Hawk Adventures was like.
Then it is time to see what else we offer and start planning your next adventure.
- Multi award winning activity provider taking people on adventure since 1990.
- Great value – our full days last 7hours, half days for 3.5 hours. The photos we take are yours for Free!
- Our instructors are not only great fun to go on an adventure with, they’re also highly qualified, experienced and knowledgeable in the activities they deliver.
- We are inspected and hold a licence from the Adventure Activities Licencing Authority. Safety is paramount to us and our track record is exemplary.
- All the safety equipment you need for our activities is provided, including footwear for Caving and Gorge Walking.
- Here at Hawk Adventures we are flexible and adapt to our customers’ needs. We want you to have the experience of a lifetime.