Connecting with natureHawk Adventures
Connecting with nature is a really good way to embrace your surroundings and find a place of calm. During any challenging time, it can be difficult to relax and put your mental health first. To help you on your way we have put together a few simple different ways to help you to connect with nature.
“Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.” — Albert Einstein
- Go for a walk and immerse yourself in nature, taking in the surroundings.
- Walk barefoot on the grass – research suggests that walking barefoot on grass increases the level of endorphins (feel-good hormones) in your body, so why not give it a go!
- Get up with the sunrise.
- Take a moment to stop and listen to nature around you.
- Grow some sunflowers – gardening is proven to be good for your mental health. Plant some seeds, nurture them and watch them grow into something beautiful.
- Go bird watching.
- Hug a tree – a holistic healing process which is thought to increase the levels of oxytocin in your body, this is the hormone responsible for calmness.
- Stargazing. Summer evenings are perfect for gazing into the atmosphere and admiring the stars that surround us. We use a great app called Night Sky for star gazing knowledge.